Author Topic: N54 owners considering "Wedge Perfomance Flash" - Heads up!  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Rob.K

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
  • Vehicle: 2008 135i 6MT
N54 owners considering "Wedge Perfomance Flash" - Heads up!
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone with an N54 considering the "Wedge Performance Flash"
Read through this and judge for yourself.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?51779-She-has-a-heart-murmur-somewhere-(

Some pictures of the motor

Current - 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 | BMS DCI | CP-E FMIC | ER CP | Meth Addict | BMS DP's
Current - 2008 4.8i X5
Sold   -    2007 335xi AT | JB4 | BMS DCI | CP-E FMIC | ER CP | Meth Addict | AR DP's | Vanguard Exhaust | 12.1@117

Offline 335ST

• 1st gear
    • View Profile
  • Vehicle: BMW E92 335i Single Turbo
Re: N54 owners considering "Wedge Perfomance Flash" - Heads up!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
Well, I read the entire thread and it sounds as if it didn't have anything to do with Wedge Performance Flash as it has the same misfire issue on the BMS flash.  The own liked the Wedge flash and kept pushing even after he was advised not to.  Funny part was even after being advised the owner requested misfire disabled.  LOL  Talk about stupid. 

I think you need to change the subject line to WARNING - Don't run an aggressive flash if your car has issues...  A tune can't fix an preexisting  issue. 

Oh, and the spark plug looks that way because of the metal bouncing around in the cylinder and the turbos are shot because of the metal going though them from the piston fragments. 

Rob, before you post something like this, why don't you do a little reading before making assumptions with blind accusations. 

Offline Grzes

• Baby Stig
    • View Profile
  • Vehicle: 2009 BMW 335d
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
well I don't think Rob made any assumptions, this thing was floating on other forums and I think he just wanted to warn people, no need to pick on it, maybe yes, you have better knowledge and yes, your comments on it are greatly appreciated

Offline Rob.K

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Vehicle: 2008 135i 6MT
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »
Rob, before you post something like this, why don't you do a little reading before making assumptions with blind accusations.

I don't know if you read anything of what I wrote but like Grzes said, it is more of a warning (aka "Heads up"). I'd also like you to know that I spend at least one to two hours per day reading the forums, gathering as much information as I can. So I think I have done "my little reading before making assumptions". This is my opinion after all. Personally I would never run a 16 advance curve on pump gas on this particular motor. Sure it might run great for a bit, but it's asking for trouble in the long run. I advise, why don't you do a little reading across all the forums and see how many people are having issues with the "wedge" flash. Too many, in my opinion. I'm staying away from it.

Oh and by the way, I did say "judge for yourself".

btw, are you Wedge himself? I'd love to talk to you via PM
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:01:18 AM by Rob.K »
Current - 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 | BMS DCI | CP-E FMIC | ER CP | Meth Addict | BMS DP's
Current - 2008 4.8i X5
Sold   -    2007 335xi AT | JB4 | BMS DCI | CP-E FMIC | ER CP | Meth Addict | AR DP's | Vanguard Exhaust | 12.1@117

Offline Grzes

• Baby Stig
    • View Profile
  • Vehicle: 2009 BMW 335d
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:50 AM »
"judge for yourself" was said, which means come to your own conclusion, after reading, anyway, I stay behind my statement, bringing knowledge to this site is welcome and nice to see :) after all we all learn from it and that is why this Alberta site is nice to have :)